We appreciate your support of the Escuela Caracol Community. Please review payment instructions below. Please note that sponsorship donations go to the Maya Student Fund and are ongoing monthly or annual donations.
From the United States
- Credit Card Donations can be made online to the Atitlan Education Project through a third-party web site provided by United Charitable Programs. The Atitlan Education Project is a program of United Charitable Programs, a registered 501(c)(3) public charity. Donations are tax-deductible by law. Automatic deductions can also be set up on a recurring basis. For sponsorships, please enter the amount you can sponsor and select “monthly” under Donation Type. Billing statements will reflect donation through United Charitable Programs. (tax deductible)
- Checks can be made out to “Atitlan Education Project,” a program of United Charitable Programs, and sent to our office in the US along with our Donation Form: Atitlán Education Project, 6514 Tucker Avenue, McLean, VA, USA 22101. Donations are tax-deductible by law.
- If the tax benefit in the US does not matter to you, you can actually write a US check payable to “Asociación Caracol,” our non-profit association in Guatemala. We can receive checks from accounts in both US Dollars and Guatemalan Quetzales at either of our mailing addresses (in the US or Guatemala) and deposit them into our Guatemalan accounts without any charges or fees.
All funds raised by Atitlan Education Project are received by United Charitable Programs and become the sole property of UCP which, for internal operating purposes, allocates the funds to the Atitlán Education Project. The Program Manager of Atitlan Education Project makes recommendations for disbursements which are reviewed by UCP for approval.
Outside the United States
- US and Guatemalan checks can be made payable to “Asociación Caracol,” our non-profit association in Guatemala. We can receive checks from accounts in both US Dollars and Guatemalan Quetzales at either of our mailing addresses (in the US or Guatemala) and deposit them into our Guatemalan accounts without any charges or fees.
- From Europe, donations can be made to the Freunde der Erziehungskunst Rudolf Steiners in Germany. Be sure to note that your donation is for Escuela Caracol in Guatemala. They can set up and manage ongoing sponsorships as well as general donations. 100% of all donations go directly to Escuela Caracol! You can also contact the Fabian Michel directly (Ph +49 (0)30 617026 30; email@example.com) with any questions.
- Wire Transfers to our US dollar account in our Guatemalan bank can be arranged from anywhere in the world. Contact us for details.
This post is also available in: Spanish