ESCUELA CARACOL BUSCA UN(A) MAESTRA/O DE TIEMPO COMPLETO PARA LA PRIMARIA
ESCUELA CARACOL – San Marcos, Lago Atitlán, Guatemala
PUESTO: Maestra/o de Clase para la Primaria
DURACION DEL CONTRATO: Indefinido
COMIENZO: Enero 2018
TELÉFONO: +502 5883-1609
PÁGINA WEB: www.EscuelaCaracol.org
La Escuela Caracol busca un(a) maestra/o entusiasta para formar parte de la escuela primaria. Preferiblemente con formación y experiencia en la Pedagogía Waldorf. El ciclo escolar en Guatemala es de enero a octubre con un receso de medio año. La Escuela Caracol está ubicada en San Marcos La Laguna, en las orillas del pintoresco Lago de Atitlán.
- Tomar una clase en la primaria como su maestra/o principal
- Hacerse cargo de impartir algunas clases complementarias
- Español fluido con excelente expresión oral y escrita
- Experiencia previa enseñando en Primaria
- Deseo de aprender más sobre la Pedagogía Waldorf y de enseñar basándose en estos principios
- Un sentido de iniciativa y creatividad
- Capaz de trabajar de forma independiente y de recibir crítica constructiva
- Interesada en desarrollar una práctica artística personal
- Trabaja bien en equipo
- Dinámica, responsable y flexible
ESCUELA CARACOL IS LOOKING FOR A FULL-TIME TEACHER FOR THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
ESCUELA CARACOL – San Marcos, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
POSITION: Class Teacher in the Primary Grades
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Indefinite
START DATE: January 2018
PHONE: +502 5883-1609
Come work at Guatemala’s first Waldorf school on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlan, nestled in the Mayan highlands. We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our Primary School and take on one of our classes starting in January 2018. Ideally, this teacher has experience and training in Waldorf education. The academic year in Guatemala runs from January to November with a short vacation between July and August.
Escuela Caracol is an intercultural Waldorf school (K-6) in San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala. 75% of the students come from local Maya families, while the other 25% come from all over the world. Spanish is the main language of the school, and students also receive lessons in English and Kaqchikel.
- Taking on a class in the primary grades as Class Teacher
- Teaching specialty classes according to abilities
- Fluency in Spanish and English with excellent skills in oral and written expression
- Prior experience teaching in primary school
- Desire to learn more about Waldorf education and to teach out of these principles
- A sense of initiative and creativity
- Capable of working independently, and willing to accept constructive criticism
- Developing a personal artistic practice
- Maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships
- Dynamic, responsible and flexible
Escuela Caracol is always seeking volunteer assistance with website and design on a committed or project basis. Volunteers interested in sharing their experience and expertise in WordPress or AdobeSuite, please contact us at email@example.com
Long-term and short-term volunteers both will receive food while working at school. Short-term website and design projects are also a great opportunity to experience daily life at the school in a short amount of time. However we are flexible in regards to location (working remotely off-site or on-site) and schedule for website and design volunteers.
We also appreciate volunteers interested in partnering with our community in any of the following areas:
- Waldorf teaching assistants
- Library maintenance
- Educational workshops for the school and San Marcos community
- Fundraising assistance
- Administrative support
- Grounds volunteer to work with our groundskeeper
People interested in a volunteer commitment at Escuela Caracol ideally have experience with Waldorf Education. Volunteers also ideally have experience in youth settings (depending on how you would like to make an impact here). We ask for a minimum commitment of 1 month (applicants willing to commit to 3 months – 1 year are preferred). This allows a more stable environment for our student and staff. We have opportunities available during and around the school day. We can provide you with food while you are at school. We can assist you with finding lodging in San Marcos.
If your volunteer interests align with these needs, please send your CV/resume, short bio, along with a recent photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Escuela Caracol always welcomes outreach from Waldorf mentors and members of the Waldorf community looking to partner with the work of our school